FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM!

Instagram

16 June 2013

Mac stud eyebrow pencil dupe for dark brown / Black brows - Review

The best dupe for Mac eye brows in 'Stud' is the Rimmel London eyebrow pencil in 'black brown'.
It is exactly the same colour and texture as the mac one but a whole lot cheaper!


For someone like me that has jet black eyebrows, or even someone with dark brown brows, it can be hard to get the right colour pencil for our brows.
As i have black brows you'd think i would need a black colour pencil, but no! That would be the worst thing to do, although i have black brows, even for me a black is too harsh.
We need the darkest brown shade without a warm undertone - eg redish undertone isn't what you want as it will look weird. You need one that is just dark brown, no undertone.


As you can see they are both exactly the same. The reason why the mac one isn't as "neat" and smudged is because i have completely run out of it so i had to try and scrape some off to swatch.

MAC: I like the mac one because it has a small tip so it comes off as a fine line. I don't need to fill in my brow that much as they are thick but i like a sharp look.
You twist it rather than sharpen which is good as you don't waste product but i also don't like it as you can't see when its going to finish.. It lasted me around 6 months, there are a few days where i don't wear makeup but i did used it a lot. Price is £12.50 (Back to Mac product, so don't throw away!)

RIMMEL: I like this as its exactly the same as the mac one. They only difference is its a slightly thicker tip because its a pencil, but thats not really a problem.. and as it's a pencil you need to sharpen it. OH and its only £2.99!
Because its a pencil you get a lot more product, i can see this lasting me a long time, but i do also feel like sharpening does waste some of the product as you sharpen, that cant be helped obviously, and for how long the pencil is, it will last a long time anyway, so its ok.

The reason i went for the Rimmel one instead of repurchasing the Mac pencil is because of price.
I felt like £12.50 was too much to spend again when i can get the same thing for £2.99. I'm saving a whopping £9.51! lol



X
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog and leaving comments! I always read and check out your blogs too! xoxo